Basics of Investing and Stocks
Short squeeze? Stock options? Free trading?
Feeling confused about the recent GameStop saga or just want to know the basics about investing and stocks? You’ve come to the right place! Visit our Business Resource Center to locate a multitude of free business resources in print and online. Or take a Lynda.com course on stocks or how capital markets work. And don’t forget to visit OverDrive to check out current news and business magazines, like The Economist and Newsweek. Of course, you may also check out the titles below and find more with a quick search through our catalog. Whatever your business needs, LA County Library has you covered!
- Everyday Chaos: The Mathematics of Unpredictability, From the Weather to the Stock Market, by Brian Clegg
- Flash Crash: A Trading Savant, a Global Manhunt, and the Most Mysterious Market Crash in History, by Liam Vaughan
- Broke Millennial Takes on Investing: A Beginner’s Guide to Leveling Up Your Money, by Erin Lowry
- Mastering the Market Cycle: Getting the Odds on Your Side, by Howard S. Marks
- The Adaptive Investment Portfolio: A Smarter, More Dynamic Way to Invest in Any Market Cycle, by Michael P. Ernst