Send Your Print Job to the Library for Pickup
Using our wireless printing service from Smart Alec, you can send a print job from your laptop, tablet, or mobile device to our Sidewalk Service libraries and arrange a contactless pick up. Print up to 10 free pages per day (black & white). Staff cannot selectively print individual pages from within a multi-page document so be sure to upload only the pages you want to print.
We care about your privacy. Documents submitted to print are automatically converted to PDF and deleted 24 hours after they are uploaded. Any printed documents that aren’t picked up within 3 business days are shredded.
Before using our printing service, please read our Acceptable Use Policy.
1. Upload your document for printing using your mobile device’s browser,
- Log in to the app with your library card number and PIN. Now, the app can accept your uploaded documents and associate them with your library account.
- To let Smart Alec use your location to find nearby libraries, click Allow.
2. Follow instructions on our Sidewalk Service page to pick up your document at any location offering this service.
Print from iOS Device
1. Open the document you want to print and tap Action.
2. Tap the Print icon.
3. Pinch out or tap and hold the document to display the Action icon.
4. Tap Action and select the Smart Alec app. If you don’t see Smart Alec, tap on More and select Smart Alec Print.
5. Tap Send.
6. Open the Smart Alec app to confirm the document is in the queue.
7. Contact any Sidewalk Service library to have the document printed for you.
Print from an Android Device
1. Open the document you want to print and tap More Options (3 dots in upper right corner).
2. Select Print.
3. Tap the drop down menu in the upper right corner.
4. Select Smart Alec Printer.
5. Tap the printer icon.
6. Tap OK.
7. Open the Smart Alec app to confirm the document is in the queue.
8. Contact any Sidewalk Service library to have the document printed for you.