Books by Mail
Books by Mail
Books By Mail service has been suspended until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Books By Mail is a free service of the LA County Library. It is offered to residents that are homebound, persons in convalescent homes, and rural residents in the LA County Library service area. Eligible residents may request up to four books at a time. A library card is not required and shipping is free. Customers may designate a friend, family member, or library staff to choose materials for them. Only books will be sent.
To Order Materials:
- Make your selection of titles from the Library Catalog.
- Place a hold on the titles you are interested in, and make sure to select the Books By Mail pick up location.
When you Receive Materials:
- Save the shipping bag and mailing label.
To Return Materials:
- Please return the materials within one month.
- Place the books in the reusable shipping bag.
- Reverse the mailing label.
- Place the shipping bag in the mail.
Standard print difficult to use?
Residents who are unable to read or use standard print materials due to temporary or permanent visual or physical impairment, such as low vision, blindness or manual disability, may also apply for services from the Braille Institute.
Information provided below is only used to provide services by LA County Library.
If you have further questions about Books By Mail, please call: 661.948.2410