Books by Mail
Books by Mail
Books By Mail is a free service of LA County Library. It is offered to residents that are homebound, persons in convalescent homes, and rural residents in the LA County Library service area. Eligible residents may request up to four books at a time. A library card is required. Please contact the library at 661.948.2410 or fill out the form below to request a card. A valid ID is required to get a library card. Staff will follow-up for this information. Shipping is free. Customers may designate a friend, family member, or library staff to choose books for them. Only books will be sent.
To Order Books:
- Make your selection of titles from the Library Catalog.
- Place a hold on the titles you are interested in. Please note that the above link is only for Books by Mail holds.
When you Receive Books:
- Save the shipping bag and mailing label.
To Return Books:
- Please return the books within one month.
- Place the books in the reusable shipping bag.
- Reverse the mailing label.
- Place the shipping bag in the mail.
Standard print difficult to use?
Residents who are unable to read or use standard print materials due to temporary or permanent visual or physical impairment, such as low vision, blindness or manual disability, may also apply for services from the Braille Institute.
Information provided below is only used to provide services by LA County Library.
If you have further questions about Books By Mail, please call: 661.948.2410