Earn your Diploma
Earn your High School Diploma
No high school diploma? Get a second chance to finish what you started. You can earn an accredited high school diploma for free online in just 5 to 18 months through LA County Library and the Career Online High School program. You’ll also receive a career certificate in 1 of 8 fields and personalized online career coaching.
This self-paced adult high school diploma program is 100% free to those who fit our program requirements and allows you to do all your studying online to fit your busy life. It is a fully accredited education that will allow you to pursue your educational, career, and personal goals. You can even transfer credits from eligible high school courses that you have successfully completed.
- Be an adult age 19 and older
- Be a resident of the LA County service area
- Have a library account in good standing, or sign up for one
How to Earn Your Accredited High School Diploma Online
- Take a quick self-assessment to determine that you meet the program requirements.
- Complete a prerequisite course in 2 weeks or less.
- Participate in an interview with library staff.
- Congratulations! You are admitted to the full program and can begin your next course!
What Students Can Expect
Unlike some other free online diploma programs, Career Online High School is fully accredited as an online school district by the AdvancED Accreditation Commission, the national commission that confers the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). AdvancED provides nationally recognized accreditation for 32,000 public and private schools and districts across the United States and in 70 countries worldwide. This means that Career Online High School is recognized across the nation as a quality school system, delivering an accredited online high school diploma.
Why is Accreditation Important?
Accreditation is a process by which schools are certified as achieving minimum standards of quality, enabling students to:
- Easily transfer high school credits from one accredited school to another
- Earn a diploma from an institution that is nationally recognized as being part of a quality school system
- Gain greater access to federal loans, scholarships, post-secondary education and possibly some military programs, which require that students attended an accredited institution
Childcare & Education
Certified Protection Officer
Certified Transportation Services
Food & Hospitality
Retail Customer Service
Coaching & Career Portfolio
Career Online High School offers a supportive community of certified instructors, academic coaches, and career mentors who care about your success and are there for you every step of the way. Each student is assigned an academic coach who offers ongoing support and connects you with additional instructional help when needed. In addition to your accredited diploma and career certificate, you’ll get:
- Online seminars on 21st century skills
- Career webinars to prepare you for workplace realities and job markets
- Career portfolio lessons that teach business writing and help you create career documents including a cover letter and resume