Are you Work Ready?
We know COVID-19 has heavily impacted our LA County communities, including record-setting job losses. Are you currently looking for a new job, looking to build new job skills, or seeking out new career opportunities, but don’t have the device or internet connection to make that happen? Work Ready is here to help.
About the program:
- A 6-week session
- Session 3: 4/26/21 – 6/4/21
- Session 4: 7/6/21 – 8/13/21
- Session 5: 9/13/21 – 10/22/21
- Session 6: 11/22/21 – 12/31/21
- Participants borrow a laptop and wireless hotspot kit from one of 20 participating libraries
Participants receive special support items to aid in the job search process, which they can keep
- Weekly virtual programs will cover topics ranging from writing cover letters and interviewing to identifying high-growth careers and working from home
Interested in participating?
Program Schedule (Session 3)
All live programs will use the WebEx platform. Registration is required.
Tue, May 18, 11 am
Work Ready: Translating Your Military Skillset
Join Jennifer Delatte (U.S.VETS) and Alex Noguera (Talent Acquisition, Raytheon Technologies) for practical and in-depth guidance on effectively translating skills acquired in the military to the civilian work-force. Register here.
Tue, May 25, 7 pm
Work Ready: Answering Common Job Interview Questions
Diana L. Seyb, writer, marketing strategist, consultant, and former University of Southern California staff recruiter will call upon her 25+ years of experience to provide you with insight on standard job interview questions and how to answer them. If even the word “interview” puts you on edge, this is the event for you! Register here.
Tue, June 1, 7 pm
Work Ready: Women Entrepreneurs Speak
Courage, resilience, and creativity are just a few qualities of successful entrepreneurs. Join us for a panel of five women entrepreneurs in vastly different fields as they share their stories and offer tips to aspiring small business owners. Register here.
- Job Seeker Checklist
- Cover Letter Guide
- Work Ready: Avoiding Job Scams
- Work Ready: Online Etiquette in a Professional Environment
- LA County Library YouTube Work & Career Playlist
- Work Ready Collection on OverDrive (eBooks and Audiobooks)
- Tools for Job Seekers
- Business Resources
- America’s Job Center of California (AJCC)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook