Are you Work Ready?
We know COVID-19 has heavily impacted our LA County communities, including record-setting job losses. Are you currently looking for a new job, looking to build new job skills, or seeking out new career opportunities, but don’t have the device or internet connection to make that happen? Work Ready is here to help.
About the program:
- A 6-week session
- Session 4: 7/6/21 – 8/13/21
- Session 5: 9/13/21 – 10/22/21
- Session 6: 11/22/21 – 12/31/21
- Participants borrow a laptop and wireless hotspot kit from one of 20 participating libraries
Participants receive special support items to aid in the job search process, which they can keep
- Weekly virtual programs will cover topics ranging from writing cover letters and interviewing to identifying high-growth careers and working from home
Interested in participating?
Program Schedule (Session 4)
All live programs will use the WebEx platform. Registration is required.
Tue, July 6, 11 am
The A.R.T. of Conquering Fear
In this inspiring presentation, best-selling author and inspirational speaker Christy Demetrakis will share the A.R.T. of conquering fear and provide practical tips on how to “pandemic proof” your career. Register here.
Tue, July 13, 11 am (12 pm in Spanish)
Learn the ins and outs of minimum wage, paid sick leave, retaliation protection, and other important information about your rights and how the LA County Department of Consumer and Business Affair’s Wage Enforcement Program can protect you. Register here.
Tue, July 20, 11 am
Find a Job if You’re 50+
Kerry Hannon, author of Great Jobs for Everyone 50+, Great Pajama Jobs, and many other books, joins us to discuss how to achieve confident career success as an older adult, even after a Pandemic. Register here.
- Job Seeker Checklist
- Cover Letter Guide
- Work Ready: Avoiding Job Scams
- Work Ready: Online Etiquette in a Professional Environment
- LA County Library YouTube Work & Career Playlist
- Work Ready Collection on OverDrive (eBooks and Audiobooks)
- Tools for Job Seekers
- Business Resources
- America’s Job Center of California (AJCC)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook