Are you Work Ready?
We know COVID-19 has heavily impacted our LA County communities, including record-setting job losses. Are you currently looking for a new job, looking to build new job skills, or seeking out new career opportunities, but don’t have the device or internet connection to make that happen? Work Ready is here to help.
About the program:
- A 6-week session
- Session 4: 7/6/21 – 8/13/21
- Session 5: 9/13/21 – 10/22/21
- Session 6: 11/22/21 – 12/31/21
- Participants borrow a laptop and wireless hotspot kit from one of 20 participating libraries
Participants receive special support items to aid in the job search process, which they can keep
- Weekly virtual events will cover topics ranging from writing cover letters and interviewing to identifying high-growth careers and working from home
Interested in participating?
Program Schedule (Session 4)
All live programs will use the WebEx platform. Registration is required.
Tue, August 3, 11 am
How to Get Hired in Hospitality
Find out what it takes it succeed in the hospitality industry directly from the Hospitality Training Academy and a panel of hiring directors from some of Los Angeles’s largest venues. Register here.
Tue, August 10, 11 am
Busting Myths on the Future of Work
Conventional wisdom around the future of work is largely dominated by concerns of a robot apocalypse or a skills gap. These narratives focus more on technical change displacing workers, rather than how technology shapes the nature of work and, importantly, the workers’ experiences. In this presentation, Georgia Gillan, Research Manager at Institute for the Future, will give an overview of the myths around the future of work, and pathways toward a worker-centric California. Register here.
- Job Seeker Checklist
- Cover Letter Guide
- Work Ready: Avoiding Job Scams
- Work Ready: Online Etiquette in a Professional Environment
- LA County Library YouTube Work & Career Playlist
- Work Ready Collection on OverDrive (eBooks and Audiobooks)
- Tools for Job Seekers
- Business Resources
- America’s Job Center of California (AJCC)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook