Using the Online Catalog
Go to the catalog and click on My Account to:
- Manage your physical and digital checkouts and holds in one location.
- View items you have checked out and when they are due.
- Renew all of your library materials.
- Modify, cancel, and check the status of your holds.
- Change your PIN.
- View and pay current bills.
Go to the catalog and click on My Lists to:
- Created customized lists of items in the catalog.
- Maintain a list of items to place on hold.
- Organize lists by subject.
- Place multiple holds all at one time.
- Need a PIN? Call a LA County Library location, request a PIN online, or click on “Forgot my PIN” when attempting to log in.
- Sign up to receive email notices when your holds are available and library materials are due. Currently, print notifications are not available.
Go to the catalog and click on My Account where you can renew materials on or before the due date.
- Books, DVDs and CDs can be renewed three times, magazines only once.
- Digital checkouts can be renewed if items do not have holds.
- You cannot renew items that have holds.
Search the catalog for books, movies, and music.
- Find the item you want and click “Place Hold” on the right.
- Select your pick-up library.
- Change your default pick-up location in your My Account preferences or by calling a LA County Library location.
- Going on vacation? Enter departure and return dates to suspend holds. You will continue to move up in the queue.
- When your holds are available to pick up, you’ll receive a notification by phone or email. Currently, print notifications are not available.
- Use keywords to search for books, magazines, movies, music and digital media.
- View search results as a list or thumbnails.
- Create lists from your results.
- Limit your search results by selecting pre-determined “facets” on the left.
Limit your search by:
- Physical or digital items