Are you Work Ready? LA County Library Can Help!
Are you currently looking for a new job, looking to build new job skills, or seeking out new career opportunities, but don’t have the device or internet connection to make that happen? Work Ready is here to help you, and our resources are free for LA County residents.
About the program:
- Participants borrow a laptop and wireless hotspot kit for 6 weeks from one of 27 participating libraries
Participants receive special support items to aid in the job search process, which they can keep
- Weekly virtual events will cover topics ranging from writing cover letters and interviewing to identifying high-growth careers and working from home
Interested in participating? See laptop availability and get started!
And please see below for important info on events, featured videos, additional resources, and FAQs that will help kick start your new or existing career.
Upcoming Virtual Events
We have some valuable upcoming virtual programs that describe how to break into new professions, tips for resume building, and much more to come.
Check out recordings of past events on the Work & Career Playlist on our YouTube Channel.
Featured YouTube Videos
Check out other videos on the Work & Career Playlist on our YouTube Channel.
- Job Seeker Checklist
- Cover Letter Guide
- Work Ready: Avoiding Job Scams
- Work Ready: Online Etiquette in a Professional Environment
- LA County Library YouTube Work & Career Playlist
- Work Ready Collection on OverDrive (eBooks and Audiobooks)
- Tools for Job Seekers
- Business Resources
- America’s Job Center of California (AJCC)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook