Holds are currently available for pick up at the 46 libraries listed below. Holds may be picked up Monday – Friday, 10 am – 5 pm. Libraries are closed to the public, but staff are available to answer questions by phone 9 am – 6 pm.
CURRENT SIDEWALK SERVICE LOCATIONS:
A C Bilbrew Library
Acton Agua Dulce Library
Agoura Hills Library
Angelo M. Iacoboni Library
Baldwin Park Library
Claremont Helen Renwick Library
Culver City Julian Dixon Library
Diamond Bar Library
East Los Angeles Library
El Monte Library
Gardena Mayme Dear Library
Hacienda Heights Library – Unavailable Monday, September 28
Huntington Park Library
La Cañada Flintridge Library
La Crescenta Library
La Mirada Library
La Puente Library
La Verne Library
Leland R. Weaver Library
Manhattan Beach Library
Norwalk Express Library
Pico Rivera Library
Quartz Hill Library
Rowland Heights Library
San Dimas Library
San Fernando Library
San Gabriel Library
South Whittier Library
Stevenson Ranch Library
Temple City Express Library
View Park Bebe Moore Campbell Library
West Covina Library
West Hollywood Library
How it Works
1. Call the Library once you have received notification that your hold is available or once you have uploaded your print job to let them know when you will pick up your holds and/or document.
2. Park in a space designated for Sidewalk Service pickup. Please bring a face covering with you; you must use one while picking up your holds or print job.
3. Call the Library at the number listed on the parking sign.
4. Follow staff instructions. You’ll be asked to wait in a designated area, wearing a face covering, while your holds and/or document are brought to a table for you to pick up.
5. Pick up your items and enjoy at home!
6. Return items to a bookdrop by the due date. Laptop & Hotspot Loans must be returned in person; please call the owning library to arrange a return.
Now available at all Sidewalk Service locations! Print up to 10 pages daily (Monday – Friday) from your device to our printers using our wireless printing service, and pick up with no contact. After uploading your document(s), please call the Sidewalk Service library closest to you to arrange pickup. Print jobs will immediately be placed in an envelope for confidentiality. For more information, see FAQs below.
Do you know anyone without internet or a computer at home who would benefit from borrowing them—to apply for jobs, access homeschooling resources, or simply stay connected to information? You can now check out a kit with a Chromebook and wireless hotspot to access the internet (plus chargers) inside a handy carrying case, from the select locations below. Borrow for 3 weeks, with the option to renew, if available. We are working to add more devices and locations in the future.
Please call one of the libraries below to place a hold on a kit.
- Bookdrops are open for item returns.
- Due dates on new item checkouts will follow standard borrowing schedules – 3 weeks for Books and CDs, 1 week for DVDs. Please check your account to make sure your materials are returned by their due dates.
- All returned materials will be quarantined at least 96 hours before being reissued again, as recommended by health and safety officials.
- Please note that, due to items being quarantined, you may not see them removed from your account for a few days, but all return dates will be backdated to reflect the day you dropped items off.
- Do not return Laptop & Hotspot Kits in the bookdrop. Please call the library to arrange a return.