LA County Library has reopened select library locations. Sidewalk Service is available by request only. Please call your local library for more information.
The following libraries are offering Sidewalk Service for library card signups and holds pickup:
Anthony Quinn Library: Tuesday, 12 – 8 pm, and Wednesday – Saturday, 10 am – 6 pm.
Carson Library: Monday, Wednesday – Friday: 10 am – 6 pm, and Tuesday, 12 – 8 pm.
West Covina Library: Monday – Friday, 10 am – 6 pm.
Do you know anyone without internet or a computer at home who would benefit from borrowing them—to apply for jobs, access homeschooling resources, or simply stay connected to information? You can now check out a kit with a Chromebook and wireless hotspot to access the internet (plus chargers) inside a handy carrying case, from any library location. Borrow for 3 weeks, with the option to renew, if available.
Please note: Laptop & Hotspot Loan Kits require a full access Adult card to check out. Call your nearest library location for details about signing up or upgrading your digital card.
Do not return Laptop & Hotspot Kits in the bookdrop. Please call the library to arrange a return.
Please call any library location to place a hold on a Laptop & Hotspot Loan Kit. Kits can be picked up at any open library or via Sidewalk Service.
How it Works
1. Call the Library once you have received notification that your hold is available or once you have uploaded your print job to let them know when you will pick up your holds and/or document.
2. Park in the library’s parking lot. Please bring a face covering with you; you must use one while picking up your holds or print job.
3. Call the Library at the number listed on the parking sign.
4. Follow staff instructions. You’ll be asked to wait in a designated area, wearing a face covering, while your holds and/or document are brought to a table for you to pick up.
5. Pick up your items and enjoy at home!
6. Return items to a bookdrop by the due date. Laptop & Hotspot Loans must be returned in person; please call the owning library to arrange a return.
Self-service printing is available at any of our open library locations.
Now available at all Sidewalk Service locations! Print up to 10 pages daily (see library schedules for days available) from your device to our printers using our wireless printing service, and pick up with no contact. After uploading your document(s), please call the Sidewalk Service library closest to you to arrange pickup. Print jobs will immediately be placed in an envelope for confidentiality. For more information, see FAQs below.