- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
About Compton Library
- Library Size: 20,542 sq ft
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Space for Teens
- Meeting Rooms: Capacity 95
- Study Rooms: Capacity 3/room
Online Collections — Available 24 hours
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- Los Angeles County Law Library resources including access to the Westlaw & Loislaw databases
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Self-serve Homework Center
- Online Homework Help
- Public Computers: 14
- Children's Computers: 4
- Teen Computers: 2
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 28
- Express Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 4
Friends of the Library
Friends of the Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of the Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
Compton Library branch of the Los Angeles County Free library opened its doors in July of 1913, the 11th branch of today’s LA County Library.
The library was located in a storefront building near Main and Tamarind Streets and was later moved to the Compton Union High School at 212 S Acacia Street.
In 1925 a separate building was erected in the City Hall Park at 123 W Almond Street, where it remained until 1974, when the current facility was dedicated at 240 W Compton Boulevard.
- El Camino College - Compton Center: Information about the college which serves the cities of Compton, Lynwood, Paramount and Carson.
- City of Compton: Official website for the City of Compton.
- Compton Unified School District: Information about the school district serving Compton, Carson, Enterprise, South Los Angeles and Willowbrook. Información en Español.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.