Emergency & Disaster Preparedness
It’s never a bad thing to be ready for the unimaginable. The following resources can help individuals and households prepare for emergencies and disasters.
- Track weather alerts from the National Weather Service.
- Visit Ready LA County for emergency preparedness tips, tricks, and information.
- Visit the Emergency Notifications page to register for Alert LA County and find information on other emergency alert systems utilized by cities within LA County.
- Visit the County Emergency Page during active incidents to find important details about evacuations, shelters, road closures, and other incident driven information.
- Visit the American Red Cross’ emergency preparedness resources to learn how to prepare survival and first aid kits, develop an emergency plan, and more.
- Get helpful tips and resources from the Emergency Preparedness and Response program of the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health.
- Learn how to treat an ill or injured pet with first aid tips from the American Veterinary Medical Association and tips on performing CPR on dogs and cats from the American Red Cross.
- Download The Works app from LA County Public Works to report fallen trees, downed power lines, and other damages around public areas.
- Learn how to prepare for a flood with LA County Public Works’ Flood Preparedness Guide
Activities at Home
Staying indoors doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. We’ve created a variety of resources and activities that anyone can enjoy while staying safe at home.