- Monday 10 am - 8 pm
- Tuesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
About Willowbrook Library
- Library Size: 2,200 sq ft
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Space for Teens
- Meeting Rooms: Capacity 70
- Study Rooms: Capacity 6/room
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Online Homework Help
- Online Homework Help
- Teen Advisory Board
- Public Computers: 8
- Children's Computers: 4
- Teen Computers: 4
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 8
- Express Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 2
Friends of the Library
Friends of Willowbrook Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of Willowbrook Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
Willowbrook Library occupies a very special place in the history of the County of Los Angeles Public Library. The Los Angeles County Free Library, as it was then called, was founded September 5, 1912.
On Christmas Eve Day, 1912, the County Librarian received a petition from the residents of the Willowbrook Community, requesting that Willowbrook have the first County branch library. This petition was followed up with a long distance call from Mrs. Belle Jenks offering her services and her home for the purpose.
Both offers were accepted and on April 23, 1913, Willowbrook opened as the first branch library of the Los Angeles County Public Library with an initial shipment of 50 books. The library was open for 2 days in April 1913 and circulated 18 books.
In July 1919, the library was moved to a room in the Post Office at rental of $20.00 a month (later reduced during the Depression to $15.00 a month).
In 1950, a library was built on El Segundo Boulevard but was damaged by fire during the 1965 Watts riots. Rebuilt with community donations and dedicated in June 1966, Willowbrook Library served the community at the El Segundo location until the library was relocated to the Kenneth Hahn Plaza in 1987.
On July 28, 2018, Willowbrook Library opened to the public at its new location: 11737 Wilmington Ave, Los Angeles, 90059.
- The Watts Towers of Simon Rodia: Tours, history, location and general description of the Watts Towers.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital : Provides quality healthcare services to the community of South Los Angeles.
- Compton Unified School District: Information about the school district serving Compton, Carson, Enterprise, South Los Angeles and Willowbrook. Información en Español.
- Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science: Includes admissions, financial aid, library, campus news and events, College of Allied Health and College of Medicine
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Outpatient Center : Center operates over 70 primary care and specialty care clinics to serve the health care needs of surrounding communities
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.