- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
About Paramount Express Library
- Library Size: 897 sq ft
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Self-serve Homework Center
- Online Homework Help
- Public Computers: 2
- Express Computers: 8
Friends of the Library
Friends of Paramount Express Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of Paramount Express Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
A desk and a reading room in a building in the Clearwater-Hynes unincorporated community became the 26th branch of the Los Angeles County Free Library in September 1913. The Clearwater Branch was located on Paramount Boulevard, (then known as Ocean), north of Alondra Boulevard, (then known as Center). It contained 121 books and the first month’s circulation was 60 books.
The library was moved to a rented building in 1930. In 1946, the library was moved to 15718 Paramount Boulevard. Two years later the Clearwater-Hynes Community became known as Paramount, although incorporation was still 9 years away. The library’s name was changed accordingly to Paramount Library.
A new building was opened in 1955 at 7913 E. Madison and was considered spacious until the new library at present location was completed in 1967. In November 1987, the building was purchased by LA County Library which all along had been providing services and materials to the community of Paramount and the adjacent area.
- Paramount Chamber of Commerce: Information on local events, community links, Business Resource Center, monthly newsletter and local businesses.
- City of Paramount: City issues, public information, calendar of events, council agendas, and general information on the City of Paramount.
- Paramount Unified School District: Links to schools and educational resources.
- Long Beach Unified School District: Links to the school district and other educational resources in the local community.
- Press Telegram: Online local news and information service from the Long Beach Press Telegram, a local newspaper that serves the area. Includes local sports and entertainment news.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.