All LA County Library locations will be closed on Wednesday, June 19 in observance of Juneteenth. Our digital library is open 24/7.
  • CONTACT US |
    ×

Archives

La Cañada Flintridge Library 150 150 LA County Library

La Cañada Flintridge Library

The La Cañada Flintridge Library was established in May 1913 and was originally housed in the rear of a general store. It was the second branch of the Los Angeles County Public Library system. The library was moved in 1915 to the La Cañada Elementary School where it remained through 1934. At that time, the…

read more
La Verne Library 150 150 LA County Library

La Verne Library

La Verne Library was originally established as the “Traveling Library” on October 1, 1914, when the Lordsburg Library Board of Trustees joined the Los Angeles County Library system. After numerous moves to ever larger facilities, the La Verne Library moved to its current location at 3640 D Street on July 29, 1985.

read more
San Dimas Library 150 150 LA County Library

San Dimas Library

Founded in 1913 as the second branch of the Los Angeles County Free Library, the San Dimas Library was originally located in the back of Fairbank’s Drug Store. Subsequently, it moved to a storefront location on Bonita Avenue. The present building, located in the San Dimas Civic Center, was dedicated in 1971.

read more
Claremont Helen Renwick Library 150 150 LA County Library

Claremont Helen Renwick Library

Claremont Library was founded in 1914. It has been at its current location since 1928. The present building opened on April 25, 1975. The Friends of the Claremont Library was founded in 1957.

read more
Skip to content