- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
About Claremont Helen Renwick Library
- Library Size: 22,921 sq ft
- Household Battery Recycling Site
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Space for Teens
- Meeting Rooms: Capacity 67
- Study Rooms: Capacity 1 - 2
Online Collections — Available 24 hours
- Microfilm Reader-Scanner-Printer
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Online Homework Help
- Public Computers: 12
- Children's Computers: 8
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 5
- Express Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 4
Friends of the Library
Friends of the Claremont Public Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of the Claremont Public Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
Claremont Library was founded in 1914. It has been at its current location since 1928. The present building opened on April 25, 1975. The Friends of the Claremont Public Library was founded in 1957.
- City of Claremont: City of Claremont homepage, with links to profile, history, and maps of Claremont. Site also has links to City information such as the Claremont Commissions, Municipal Code, Land Use Code, Minutes/Agenda, municipal services, links to local community sites, and the Claremont City phone directory.
- Claremont Colleges Homepage: Information about the Claremont Colleges, with links to local and other sites.
- Chamber of Commerce for Claremont: Information on the Claremont Chamber of Commerce, annual events for 1997, local government, and educational and cultural resources.
- Claremont High School: Local High School, with links to the Claremont Unified School District and local elementary schools. The site also has information on the local community, with links to churches, civic, historical and cultural organizations and commercial establishments.
- Claremont Colleges Digital Library: Claremont Colleges Special Collections include the photo history collections: Boynton Collection of Early Claremont, the City of Claremont History Collection and the Claremont Colleges Photo Archive.
- Friends of the Claremont Library: The Friends of the Library are a volunteer group who advocate for and support the Claremont Library.
- Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden: Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden is the largest botanic garden dedicated to California native plants.
- Claremont Heritage
- Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.