All LA County Library locations will be closed on Wednesday, June 19 in observance of Juneteenth. Our digital library is open 24/7.
  • CONTACT US |
    ×

Archives

Rowland Heights Library 150 150 LA County Library

Rowland Heights Library

Originally Rowland Heights, an unincorporated area of Los Angeles County, was part of the Workman Temple Homestead in California’s rancho days. Since the 1990’s Rowland Heights has been in a steadily upward growth mode, serving an estimated (1996) population of 48,488 plus surrounding areas. Rowland Heights Library opened in Eastwood Shopping Center on July 21,…

read more
West Covina Library 150 150 LA County Library

West Covina Library

Founded in 1915, West Covina Library has been located in the West Covina Civic Center since 1961. The first County library designed as a Regional Headquarters, it was remodeled in 1975. Today West Covina Library still serves as the East Regional County Library for the County of Los Angeles Public Library.

read more
Graham Library 150 150 LA County Library

Graham Library

Graham Library was established in April 1915. The library was first located in a school and then moved into a store building two years later. In 1928, the library was moved to a building located on Glendale and New Hampshire (now Holmes and 85th Street). In 1938, the Graham Library moved to new quarters at…

read more
Duarte Library 150 150 LA County Library

Duarte Library

Library service on an established basis began in 1950 in a small room of the estate of Mr. and Mrs. Wayland Morrison, with Mrs. Lisa Pederson as the librarian. The holdings were small, but the request system of the County Library gave the community access to the vast resources of the system. In 1954, a…

read more
Diamond Bar Library 150 150 LA County Library

Diamond Bar Library

Originally opened in 1977, the Diamond Bar Library has long provided valuable services to both residents and visitors. The Diamond Bar Library at 1061 Grand Avenue was rededicated on August 15, 1998 after renovations made possible by the City of Diamond Bar Redevelopment Agency, the County of Los Angeles, and the Diamond Bar Friends of…

read more
Clifton M. Brakensiek Library 150 150 LA County Library

Clifton M. Brakensiek Library

Clifton M. Brakensiek Library has served the community of Bellflower for more than 100 years. The first branch was opened on March 11, 1914. The library moved four times until its present facility was dedicated on August 16, 1975, and named in honor of Clifton M. Brakensiek, MD, who donated the land on which the…

read more
Bell Library 150 150 LA County Library

Bell Library

Bell Library was established in 1913 as the 29th branch of the County of Los Angeles Public Library System. After having been relocated several times, the library was built at the present location in 1960. Due to the rapid growth of the community, the building was expanded in 1973. It is presently serving one of…

read more
Angelo M. Iacoboni Library 150 150 LA County Library

Angelo M. Iacoboni Library

Angelo M. Iacoboni Library was founded in 1954 – the same year that Lakewood officially incorporated as a city. Originally the library was located in the Faculty Shops in Lakewood Center near what was then the City Hall. The library moved to a larger building in 1959 and was rededicated in 1965 as the Angelo…

read more
Agoura Hills Library 150 150 LA County Library

Agoura Hills Library

Las Virgenes Library was founded in 1916 and was located for a brief period, at the Las Virgenes Grammar School. The library then moved to Liberty School which was one of four schools in the area. Shortly after 1920, the school and the library moved to Chesebro Road. The library was managed during that time…

read more
A C Bilbrew Library 150 150 LA County Library

A C Bilbrew Library

Located in a shopping center from 1964 to 1974, the North Enterprise Branch became the A C Bilbrew Library with the opening of the present building on November 2, 1974. Los Angeles County Supervisor Kenneth Hahn was instrumental in the library obtaining funding through a Model Neighborhood Development Program to build a 21,000 square foot…

read more
Skip to content