- Monday 10 am - 8 pm
- Tuesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm
Get to Know This Library
About Rowland Heights Library
- Library Size: 14,863 sq ft
- Household Battery Recycling Site
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Meeting Rooms: Capacity 50
- Study Rooms: Capacity 4/room
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Online Homework Help
- Online Homework Help
- Teen Advisory Board
- Public Computers: 9
- Children's Computers: 4
- Teen Computers: 3
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 6
- Express Computers: 8
- Homework Center Computers: 2
- Early Learning Computers: 2
Friends of the Library
Friends of Rowland Heights Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of Rowland Heights Library provides the following services to support the library.
Originally Rowland Heights, an unincorporated area of Los Angeles County, was part of the Workman Temple Homestead in California’s rancho days.
Since the 1990’s Rowland Heights has been in a steadily upward growth mode, serving an estimated (1996) population of 48,488 plus surrounding areas.
Rowland Heights Library opened in Eastwood Shopping Center on July 21, 1971. The Library moved to its current building on Nogales on April 20, 1979. It was refurbished in 1990.
A new refurbishment was completed in 2018 that completely updated and renovated the interior of the library.
- League of Women Voters of East San Gabriel Valley: Provides citizens nonpartisan information on government and politics.
- Rowland Heights Community Coordinating Council: A non-profit, volunteer-run organization that provides information to Rowland Heights residents on local problems, issues and proposed developments.
- Rowland Adult and Community Education: Offers online courses as well as classroom for adults in the community.
- Tri-Community Adult Education: Offers courses to adults in the Charter Oak, Covina Valley, and West Covina areas.
- Rowland Unified School District: Information about the School District, including school calendar, teacher and class profiles, student and parent sections, school newsletters, etc.
- Mt. San Antonio Community College (Mt. SAC): Information about Mt. SAC, a local community college, located in the City of Walnut.
- Hacienda La Puente Adult Education: Information about the adult school that offers post-secondary courses in technology, health, etc.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.