Select libraries will serve as Cooling Centers through July 13. Learn More.
  • CONTACT US |
    ×

Archives

La Cañada Flintridge Library 150 150 LA County Library

La Cañada Flintridge Library

The La Cañada Flintridge Library was established in May 1913 and was originally housed in the rear of a general store. It was the second branch of the Los Angeles County Public Library system. The library was moved in 1915 to the La Cañada Elementary School where it remained through 1934. At that time, the…

read more
La Crescenta Library 150 150 LA County Library

La Crescenta Library

La Crescenta Library first opened in November 1914 as the 78th branch of the Los Angeles County Public Library. The collection was first housed in a local church building, and subsequently moved several times; once into a school house, later into a local store front, and into the Sears building in 1926. By 1932, the…

read more
La Verne Library 150 150 LA County Library

La Verne Library

La Verne Library was originally established as the “Traveling Library” on October 1, 1914, when the Lordsburg Library Board of Trustees joined the Los Angeles County Library system. After numerous moves to ever larger facilities, the La Verne Library moved to its current location at 3640 D Street on July 29, 1985.

read more
Live Oak Library 150 150 LA County Library

Live Oak Library

Live Oak Library was founded in 1917. As the business area along Live Oak Ave was incorporated into the City of Arcadia, the library site moved eastward to a location in unincorporated Los Angeles in 1964. In 2021, Live Oak Library moved to their current, larger location, which was designed to better serve the residents…

read more
San Dimas Library 150 150 LA County Library

San Dimas Library

Founded in 1913 as the second branch of the Los Angeles County Free Library, the San Dimas Library was originally located in the back of Fairbank’s Drug Store. Subsequently, it moved to a storefront location on Bonita Avenue. The present building, located in the San Dimas Civic Center, was dedicated in 1971.

read more
Temple City Library 150 150 LA County Library

Temple City Library

Temple City Library was founded when Willa Samson initiated a small lending library in her home. In 1924, Mrs. Samson’s rental cottage (9961 Woodruff Avenue) became the first official library site with Mrs. Samson as Temple City’s first librarian. When the library outgrew its surroundings, it was relocated in the abandoned Pacific Electric building (corner…

read more
Claremont Helen Renwick Library 150 150 LA County Library

Claremont Helen Renwick Library

Claremont Library was founded in 1914. It has been at its current location since 1928. The present building opened on April 25, 1975. The Friends of the Claremont Library was founded in 1957.

read more
Duarte Library 150 150 LA County Library

Duarte Library

Library service on an established basis began in 1950 in a small room of the estate of Mr. and Mrs. Wayland Morrison, with Mrs. Lisa Pederson as the librarian. The holdings were small, but the request system of the County Library gave the community access to the vast resources of the system. In 1954, a…

read more
Skip to content