- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
About Rosemead Library
- Library Size: 29,860 sq ft
- Household Battery Recycling Site
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Space for Teens
Online Collections — Available 24 hours
- Microfilm Reader-Scanner-Printer
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Self-serve Homework Center
- Online Homework Help
- Public Computers: 15
- Children's Computers: 6
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 7
- Express Computers: 8
- Homework Center Computers: 2
- Early Learning Computers: 2
Friends of the Library
Friends of Rosemead Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of Rosemead Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
Rosemead Library traces its history back to the establishment of the Savannah Branch of the Los Angeles County Free Public Library in June, 1916.
The library originally occupied one room of the Savannah School, located on the corner of Valley Blvd. and Rio Hondo Avenue.
Over the years the library has burned down twice (in 1921 and 1927) and has relocated several times, spending over 30 years located in a renovated school building at 4114 Rosemead Blvd.
In May, 1967 the Rosemead Library moved to its current location, at 8800 Valley Blvd., next door to the Rosemead City Hall Building.
On May 31, 2011, Rosemead Library reopened after being refurbished. The refurbishment included new furniture and carpet, a new teen and children’s area, additional public computers, and a new lounge area. The Asian Pacific Resource Center also moved to the Rosemead Library.
- El Monte City School District: The site includes information on the eighteen schools serving over 12,000 children. The schools are organized as K-4, K-5, K-6 and K-8.
- Rosemead School District
- Southern California Edison: Information on Rosemead's largest company.
- City of Rosemead
- Garvey School District
- El Monte-Rosemead Adult School
- Alhambra Unified School District
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.