- Monday 10 am - 8 pm
- Tuesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm
Get to Know This Library
About La Crescenta Library
- Library Size: 15,010 sq ft
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Space for Teens
- Meeting Rooms: Capacity 101
- Study Rooms: Capacity 6/room
Online Collections — Available 24 hours
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Online Homework Help
- Public Computers: 10
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 6
- Express Computers: 8
- Homework Center Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 4
Friends of the Library
Friends of La Crescenta Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of La Crescenta Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
La Crescenta Library first opened in November 1914 as the 78th branch of the Los Angeles County Public Library. The collection was first housed in a local church building, and subsequently moved several times; once into a school house, later into a local store front, and into the Sears building in 1926.
By 1932, the library had settled into a building at 3930 La Crescenta Avenue. As the population of La Crescenta grew, so to did the demand for a new building. The library found an appropriate site on the corner of Foothill Blvd and La Crescenta Ave, and opened in March of 1963.
By 2005 the population had once again outgrown the library’s space, so the La Crescenta community sought a new building. Thanks to funding from Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich, and Congressman David Dreier, the County of Los Angeles was able to construct an updated facility in its current location.
The building broke ground in 2007, and reopened in January 2010. The new 14,000 square foot facility, built in the style of the arts and crafts movement, features modern technology and meeting space open to the public.
- Sierra Club—Crescenta Valley Group: Includes information about local meetings, officers, and trip reservations.
- Historical Society of the Crescenta Valley: Information about meetings, events, history, historic sites, photos and links.
- Crescenta Valley Water District: This site has information and a description of services.
- Crescenta Valley High School: This site gives information on high school events, upcoming programs, alumni information, and much more.
- Crescenta Valley Chamber of Commerce: Information on local businesses, clubs, organizations, services and events in the Crescenta Valley.
- La Crescenta Presbyterian Church: Information about local events and the history of the La Crescenta Presbyterian Church.
- Crescenta Valley Town Council: This site gives information on council members, meetings, calendar/events, scholarship fund, accomplishments and history.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.