- Monday 10 am - 8 pm
- Tuesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm
Get to Know This Library
About Topanga Library
- Library Size: 11,048 sq ft
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Space for Teens
- Meeting Rooms: Capacity 62
- Study Rooms: Capacity 1
Online Collections — Available 24 hours
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Online Homework Help
- Online Homework Help
- Teen Advisory Board
- Public Computers: 6
- Children's Computers: 2
- Teen Computers: 3
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 5
- Express Computers: 8
- Homework Center Computers: 3
- Early Learning Computers: 2
Friends of the Library
Friends of the Topanga Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of the Topanga Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
The Topanga Library opened on January 21, 2012. As Al Martinez stated in his inaugural speech, “This isn’t just an impressive edifice of stone and steel. It’s a house of knowledge and imagination, a trip to new worlds, a journey to the mystical land of tomorrow.”
The state-of-the-art library is a LEED-certified green building with a Gold rating. It has a central reading room, a children’s area with a dedicated storytelling space, study rooms, and a homework center.
Topanga Library also features several art installations from local artists:
- Norman Grochowski undertook the largest commission for the library with three 9′ painted steel flowers whose petals are open books. Located on an outdoor terrace, the flowers are accompanied by steel vines which wind up through a trellis, and dragonflies hovering over the flowers. He also created light sconces featuring creatures of the canyon.
- Matt and Paul Doolin created a large circular handmade tile mural depicting the flora and fauna of the canyon.
- Megan Rice created two resin-coated painted sculptures for the children’s area.
- Jim Sullivan has created a mosiac entry “rug” for the Library’s main entrance from a variety of handmade shaped and broken tiles.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.