- Monday 10 am - 8 pm
- Tuesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
- Friday 9 am - 5 pm
- Saturday 9 am - 5 pm
- Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm
Get to Know This Library
About Malibu Library
- Library Size: 16,530 sq ft
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Space for Teens
- Meeting Rooms: Capacity 100
- Study Rooms: Capacity 10
- Public Computers: 15
- Children's Computers: 6
- Teen Computers: 3
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 5
- Express Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 4
Friends of the Library
Friends of Malibu Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of Malibu Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
Malibu Library, located in the Malibu Civic Center Complex, was established in 1970 by the County of Los Angeles Public Library. Prior to 1970, a bookmobile provided library service to the Malibu community serving residents in Topanga Canyon and along the Pacific Coast Highway.
On April 22, 2012, a grand opening celebration was held to mark the completion of a $6 million renovation of the Malibu Library, designed by the architectural firm of LPA, Inc. and funded by revenue generated from local property taxes.
The new sustainable, LEED-certified library has been redesigned to represent Malibu’s sand, sea and sun culture with features such as:
- A replica of the Adamson House tile rug in the main lobby
- A photographic exhibit featuring historical images of the area
- The Children’s area featuring a marine life motif, including an 8′ by 14′ porcelain tile art piece designed by artist Christine Nguyen
- A Teen area that embraces Malibu’s surf culture.
- On-Line with the City of Malibu: Organized by the City of Malibu, this site has extensive information about the city including the municipal code, jobs available, environmental impact reports, list of service clubs, city services, City Council and City Planning Agendas, the city newsletter as well as links to Pepperdine University, weather information, and Malibu's Chamber of Commerce.
- The Malibu Times: The Malibu Times newspaper has been in publication since 1946. Some of the information on this web version includes local news, classified ads, a visitor's guide, and letters submitted by its readership.
- Malibutimes Magazine: Malibutimes Magazine delves into the fascinating and colorful lifestyle of Malibu and surrounding cities with award-winning editorial on Malibu people, homes and gardens, architecture, food and wine, fashion, health, arts getaways and more.
- Parking Lot Rental Information: County of Los Angeles CAMPS Permits Application to rent Malibu parking lot
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.