- Monday 10 am - 8 pm
- Tuesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
Online Collections — Available 24 hours
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Self-serve Homework Center
- Online Homework Help
- Public Computers: 4
- Children's Computers: 4
- Teen Computers: 2
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 8
- Express Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 2
The original Sunkist-La Puente Library was dedicated and opened on Monday, March 28, 1960 to become the second library in the City of La Puente. This storefront library was located at 13913 Elliot Avenue in the Sunkist Shopping Center. The library was dedicated by Supervisor Frank Bonelli. The library remained in that location for 18 years.
Friday, February 10, 1978, was the dedication date of the newly built Sunkist Library, located at 840 N. Puente Avenue, just one block from its old location. Present at the opening were the County Librarian Carol Moss and Supervisor Pete Schabarum.
- Bassett Unified School District
- City of La Puente: Has city news, history, calendar of city events and meetings, a business directory and links to local and state agencies.
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District: Links to educational sites and services offered by the school district.
- Hacienda La Puente Adult Education: Information about the adult school that offers post-secondary courses in technology, health, etc.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.