- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
About La Puente Library
- Library Size: 10,572 sq ft
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Space for Teens
- Meeting Rooms: Capacity 64
- Study Rooms: Capacity 4
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Self-serve Homework Center
- Online Homework Help
- Online Homework Help
- Teen Advisory Board
- Public Computers: 13
- Children's Computers: 6
- Teen Computers: 5
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 10
- Express Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 2
Friends of the Library
Friends of La Puente Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of La Puente Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
La Puente Library began its long career in a local schoolhouse in September 1913. It resided in a school, a bank, and the Puente Mercantile Building until 1930.
The library then moved to larger quarters several times over the next 38 years until it reached its present location in the La Puente Civic Center in November 1968.
- City of La Puente: Has city news, history, calendar of city events and meetings, a business directory and links to local and state agencies.
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District: Links to educational sites and services offered by the school district.
- Hacienda La Puente Adult Education: Information about the adult school that offers post-secondary courses in technology, health, etc.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.