- Monday 10 am - 8 pm
- Tuesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm
Get to Know This Library
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Public Computers: 8
- Children's Computers: 4
- Teen Computers: 3
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 6
- Express Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 2
Friends of the Library
Friends of Hacienda Heights Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of Hacienda Heights Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
Hacienda Heights Library first opened January 25, 1960 at 1016 S. Hacienda Blvd. & Gale Avenue in a leased 3,000 square foot building, with Mrs. Clara Mohlengraft as librarian.
In 1966 it moved to a 1,100 square foot double trailer at 2054 S. Hacienda Blvd. near Halliburton Rd., with Dorthy Nichols in charge.
The current library of 10,400 square feet was opened in Nov. 1972 by then Supervisor Pete Schabarum and Librarian Mary Jane Merrel.
Following a renovation in summer 1992, the library reopened in its present location, with Charles Kaufman as the Community Library Manager. John McClellan was the Community Library Manager from 1996 to March 2002.
- Hacienda Heights Improvement Association (HHIA): Established in 1948, HHIA's mission is to support projects and activities that improved the quality of life in Hacienda Heights.
- Workman and Temple Family Homestead Museum: Local history information and museum activities.
- Hsi Lai Buddhist Temple: We at Hsi Lai are committed to serving as a bridge between East and West so that the Buddha's teachings of kindness, compassion, joyfulness, and equanimity might be integrated into our lives and of those around us.
- Youth Science Center: Established in 1962, the Youth Science Center (YSC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving math and science education.
- Mt. San Antonio Community College (Mt. SAC): Information about Mt. SAC, a local community college, located in the City of Walnut.
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District: Links to educational sites and services offered by the school district.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.