- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
About Lancaster Library
- Library Size: 48,721 sq ft
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Space for Teens
- Meeting Rooms: Capacity 200
- Study Rooms: Capacity 4 - 5
- Microfilm Reader-Scanner-Printer
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Online Homework Help
- Public Computers: 23
- Children's Computers: 4
- Teen Computers: 2
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 10
- Express Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 4
Friends of the Library
Friends of Lancaster Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of Lancaster Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
The original Lancaster Library was established by the Los Angeles County Free Public Library in October 1912 in the Antelope Valley Union High School which was located on the southwest corner of Tenth Street (now Lancaster Boulevard) and Cedar Avenue. Subsequently, the Lancaster Library occupied space in a local drugstore, the Chamber of Commerce, and the County Justice Court.
In 1950, the Library moved to Fig Avenue and provided library services from this site for the next fourteen years. The expanded Lancaster Library opened on West Avenue J in 1964.
Due to rapid population growth throughout the Antelope Valley, a new library was built in 1995-1996 on Lancaster Boulevard in the Lancaster Old Town Site to provide library services to the residents of Lancaster and the surrounding communities.
- Recent Earthquakes in California Nevada: Southern California map shows earthquakes recorded during the past week by Caltech/USGS Seismic Network. Magnitudes are indicated by the sizes of circles on the map.
- City of Lancaster: Information on the City Council members, agendas, the city budget, the Planning Commission, and other municipal matters.
- Antelope Valley Press: Local newspaper's site with recent stories, photos, classified and personal ads.
- Antelope Valley College: "Information about local community college serving the area. This site includes admissions, class schedules, distance education, library, campus news and events."
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.