- Monday 10 am - 8 pm
- Tuesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
About Littlerock Library
- Library Size: 3,680 sq ft
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Space for Teens
Online Collections — Available 24 hours
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Self-serve Homework Center
- Online Homework Help
- Public Computers: 4
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 6
- Express Computers: 8
- Homework Center Computers: 3
- Early Learning Computers: 2
Friends of the Library
Friends of Littlerock Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of Littlerock Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
Littlerock residents petitioned the County of Los Angeles for library service in August 1914. The original collection totaled 222 books supplied by the County of Los Angeles Public Library and was housed in a private residence. The library moved to a home of its own – Grandma’s Fruit Stand – in 1926.
Early in 1938, Littlerock Library moved to the remodeled front room of a house near Keppel Union School. An eight-year hiatus began in 1949 when the library was among several small branches that were closed in favor of instituting bookmobile service in the Antelope Valley. However, in September 1957, a stationary facility in Littlerock was, again, established.
In June 1962, due to increasing public demand, the collection was moved to a 1,000 square foot leased building at 8135 Pearblossom Highway. Improvements and modernization to the building were made in 1974, and in 1976, an additional 600 square feet was acquired for expansion.
On December 18, 1998, the Littlerock Library moved to its current location. The new location is 3,680 square feet with ample parking, an expanded children’s area, reading and periodical area, public Internet workstations, and a parenting collection dedicated to Mrs. Cecile Bosworth.
- Palmdale City Library: The next closest public library located near Littlerock, this site provides information on the use of their library and collection.
- Antelope Valley Press: Local newspaper's site with recent stories, photos, classified and personal ads.
- Antelope Valley College: "Information about local community college serving the area. This site includes admissions, class schedules, distance education, library, campus news and events."
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.