- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
About Culver City Julian Dixon Library
- Library Size: 21,406 sq ft
- Household Battery Recycling Site
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Space for Teens
- Meeting Rooms: Capacity 80
- Study Rooms: Capacity 1 - 8
- Microfilm Reader-Scanner-Printer
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Self-serve Homework Center
- Online Homework Help
- Public Computers: 26
- Teen Computers: 4
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 7
- Express Computers: 8
- Homework Center Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 2
Friends of the Library
Friends of Culver City Julian Dixon Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of Culver City Julian Dixon Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
Culver City Library was established April 1, 1915 in the new Pacific Electric Railroad Depot. The library moved to various locations throughout the city as it grew in size over the years. The library has been in its present location since 1970. The Japanese Garden in front of the library was a gift from Kaizuka, Japan, a sister city of the city of Culver City in 1974.
In January 2001, the Culver City Library was renamed the Culver City Julian Dixon Library by the Board of Supervisors in recognition of Julian Dixon, the representative for the 32nd United States Congressional District. The Honorable Julian Dixon, who passed away on December 8, 2000, spent many of his years in public service working closely with educational institutions and libraries that positively impact the lives of children.
The Library has an active Friends of the Library group.
- Culver City Friends of the Library: Website for the volunteer organization that supports the Culver City Julian Dixon Library. Available information includes book sales, membership application and programs for the public. Contact the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Culver City Unified School District: District, Board, school profiles, resources, curriculum.
- City of Culver City: Information on the city, including the City Council, budget, and the Planning Commission.
- Museum of Jurassic Technology: A specialized repository of unusual relics and artifacts.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment: Movies, television, studio tours, game shows.
- West Los Angeles College: Schedules, courses, maps.
- Culver City Chamber of Commerce: The Culver City Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary, action-oriented organization of businesses and professionals working together to promote the commercial and economic growth of Culver City.
- The Wende Museum: An art museum, historical archive of the Cold War, and center for creative community engagement that explores and inspires change.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.