- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
Online Collections — Available 24 hours
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Self-serve Homework Center
- Online Homework Help
- Online Homework Help
- Teen Advisory Board
- Public Computers: 9
- Children's Computers: 9
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 8
- Express Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 2
Friends of the Library
Friends of Norwalk Library a volunteer-run organization that supports the library and library events
Friends of Norwalk Library provides the following services to support the library.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
Norwalk Library started out in July, 1913 as the 17th branch of the Los Angeles County Free Library through the efforts of a committee of the Commercial Club. The collection of 500 books was housed in a second floor room of the Stiffler Building at 537 E. Front Street. In 1919, Hattie Sproul, a member of the city’s founding family, supervised the library.
When oil was discovered in nearby Santa Fe Springs in the 1920’s there was a population boom in Norwalk; the library’s collection and circulation also increased to the point that it needed a building of its own. In January, 1926, the library moved to new quarters built by Charles Stage at 13620 S. San Antonio Drive.
In 1956, a year before the city was incorporated, a new library building was opened across from the old one on San Antonio Drive. In just 13 years, the collection outgrew that facility despite the addition of a wing to accommodate the expanding children’s department.
The city inaugurated the opening to public service of the 39,000 square foot building at 12350 Imperial Highway in July 1969. The Library was dedicated on Saturday, July 19, 1969.
- Little Lake City School District: Links to schools and educational resources.
- Norwalk La Mirada Unified School District: Includes school district profile and list of schools for this nearby community.
- Cerritos College: General information on Cerritos College, which serves the cities of Artesia, Bellflower, Lakewood, Hawaiian Gardens and Norwalk.
- Norwalk Chamber of Commerce: Information on local businesses, clubs, organizations and events in the city of Norwalk.
- City of Norwalk: City issues, public information, calendar of events, council agendas and general information on the city of Norwalk.
- Press Telegram: Online local news and information service from the Long Beach Press Telegram, a local newspaper that serves the area. Includes local sports and entertainment news.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.