- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Wednesday 12 pm - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 6 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
About Cudahy Library
- Library Size: 4,396 sq ft
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- Public Computers: 8
- Children's Computers: 4
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 8
- Express Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 1
Library service in Cudahy dates back to 1913. At that time, the library operated out of a private home. In 1914, the library moved to a room in a school and was open for an hour on Wednesdays and for three hours on Saturdays. Then known as the Antonio Library, circulation for the year was 4,936.
In 1924, the library moved again, once more occupying a private home. Mrs. Burke was the librarian, a position she was to hold from 1914 through 1936. Patron usage was highest in the areas of gardening, poultry, and scientific subjects.
In 1936, another move; another private home; and circulation was up-14,513. In 1939 deliveries of books to San Antonio Library were made via Pony Express.
In 1946, the library moved again, this time to its own building and circulation was up to 21,992 after the decline during the war years. Growth continued until, in need of space, books, increased hours, the library closed, temporarily, in May of 1957 – to reopen in its own facility adjacent to City Hall, on September 14, 1968.
Today the library serves a community of about 24,000 people of diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Welcome to Cudahy: Information about the Cudahy community and city services.
- Los Angeles Unified School District: Includes information about the school district of interest to students, parents, and teachers. Includes the school district profile and list of schools for the local community.
- Press Telegram: Online local news and information service from the Long Beach Press Telegram, a local newspaper that serves the area. Includes local sports and entertainment news.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.