- Monday 10 am - 8 pm
- Tuesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Wednesday 10 am - 8 pm
- Thursday 10 am - 8 pm
- Friday 10 am - 6 pm
- Saturday 10 am - 6 pm
- Sunday Closed
Get to Know This Library
About Charter Oak Library
- Library Size: 2,500 sq ft
- Space for Children
- Book Drop
- In-person and telephone research assistance
- MetroTAP Cards
- Early Learning and Engagement
- Self-serve Homework Center
- Online Homework Help
- Public Computers: 4
- Laptop & Hotspot Kits: 7
- Express Computers: 8
- Early Learning Computers: 2
The first building was a private residence of the librarian, Mrs. W. A. Jones. In 1930, the library moved and changed its name to the Ben Lomond Library. In July 1962, the Charter Oak Library moved to 20562 Arrow Highway.
After a tragic fire which destroyed much of the library and its collection, it was relocated in 1991 to its present location in the unincorporated area near the cities of Covina and Glendora.
- U.S. Congressional District 31
- CA State Assembly District 48
- CA State Senate District 22
- LA County Supervisory District 2 — Holly J. Mitchell
- Citrus Community College: Information about Citrus Community College, located in the nearby city of Glendora. The site also provides links to local Chambers of Commerce.
- Charter Oak Unified School District: Information about the Charter Oak Unified School District, which serves parts of the cities of Covina, Glendora and the adjacent unincorporated area.
- Mt. San Antonio Community College (Mt. SAC): Information about Mt. SAC, a local community college, located in the City of Walnut.
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona: Information about Cal Poly Pomona.
Staff Picks (All Ages)
A monthly list of noteworthy titles selected by our Collection Development Services team.
LA County Library Debuts Four New Little Libraries at Gloria Molina Grand Park in the Heart of Downtown Los Angeles
Click to learn about the 4 "little libraries" that LA County Library has installed in Gloria Molina Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles.
LA County Library Hosts Vaccine Clinics at Select Libraries, Providing Free Flu Shots, Updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccines, and Mpox Vaccines
LA County announces free vaccine clinics at select LA County Library locations through December 20, 2023.