Select libraries will serve as Cooling Centers through July 13. Learn More.
  • CONTACT US |
    ×

Archives

Lawndale Library 150 150 LA County Library

Lawndale Library

The first library in Lawndale – one of the earliest branches of the County of Los Angeles Public Library – opened December 26, 1913 at the corner of Railroad Ave. and Market St. (now Hawthorne Blvd. and 147th St.). The current Lawndale Library opened to great fanfare March 18, 2009 after 52 years of serving…

read more
Lennox Library 150 150 LA County Library

Lennox Library

Lennox Library was first established in 1918 in the original Jefferson School on 104th St. The library was permanently moved to its present site in 1948.

read more
Lloyd Taber-Marina del Rey Library 150 150 LA County Library

Lloyd Taber-Marina del Rey Library

The library was built by the Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors in 1976 to serve the Marina clientele. The William R. Pagen Nautical Wing and the Greg and Mimi Wenger Community Room were added in 1999 through the efforts of the Marina Foundation, the Board of Supervisors and the County of Los…

read more
Wiseburn Library 150 150 LA County Library

Wiseburn Library

Initially, the Wiseburn Coordinating Council, formed in 1952, was instrumental in securing the services of the Los Angeles County Mobile Library for 2 years. They later petitioned Los Angeles County Supervisor Kenneth Hahn and County Librarian John Henderson for the establishment of a permanent Wiseburn Library in the Del Aire area. A small County Library…

read more
Woodcrest Library 150 150 LA County Library

Woodcrest Library

The library was founded in 1913 and housed in the Woodcrest School. It moved to various locations in the community until the present location was opened in 1967.

read more
Hawthorne Library 150 150 LA County Library

Hawthorne Library

The library was founded in 1913 and moved to its present location in 1962. The facility was remodeled in 1978 and again in 2022. The Friends of the Hawthorne & Wiseburn Libraries started in 1979. The library serves a 5.99 square mile area.

read more
Skip to content