The New York Times Digital Access
Read for free with LA County Library!
Stay up-to-date with the latest news or look back at the archives from The New York Times with 24-hour complimentary, unlimited access to the Digital Edition.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Follow this link and click Redeem.
- You’ll be taken to a new page to create an account. Either add your email address and a password here, or, if you already have a New York Times account, click log in and enter your login information. You may check or uncheck the box about receiving updates and offers. Click Sign Up.
- You’ll be taken to a new Welcome page. Click Get Started.
- You’ll be taken to a new page to customize the stories you see. You can either follow the instructions, or you’ll then be given an option to download The New York Times app. You can either follow the instructions, or click Go Back to Reading.
- That’s it! You now have access for 24 hours. The next day that you want to access, click the link from step 1 and redeem again. This time, click Log in and use the same login you created on day 1.
This process also gives you access to The New York Times archives, from 1851 to today. Once you’re logged in, use the search function in the top left to find historic articles by topic or date range. You can also visit the TimesMachine to see PDFs of archived papers.
Please note: Access to NYT Cooking and Crossword is not included.
In addition to The New York Times, explore our Database page for more news sources and archives. Read full text from local LA County papers such as LA Times articles from 1985 to present, or national publications such as the Wall Street Journal and USA Today.