All LA County Library locations will be closed on Monday, May 27 in observance of Memorial Day. Our digital library is open 24 x 7.
  • CONTACT US |
    ×

Archives

San Gabriel Library 150 150 LA County Library

San Gabriel Library

The library was founded in 1915 and moved to its present site in 1967. The Friends of the Library was founded in 1967. A historical mural was painted in 1984. The library recently underwent a total refurbishment.

read more
West Covina Library 150 150 LA County Library

West Covina Library

Founded in 1915, West Covina Library has been located in the West Covina Civic Center since 1961. The first County library designed as a Regional Headquarters, it was remodeled in 1975. Today West Covina Library still serves as the East Regional County Library for the County of Los Angeles Public Library.

read more
Hacienda Heights Library 150 150 LA County Library

Hacienda Heights Library

Hacienda Heights Library first opened January 25, 1960 at 1016 S. Hacienda Blvd. & Gale Avenue in a leased 3,000 square foot building, with Mrs. Clara Mohlengraft as librarian. In 1966 it moved to a 1,100 square foot double trailer at 2054 S. Hacienda Blvd. near Halliburton Rd., with Dorthy Nichols in charge. The current…

read more
El Camino Real Library 150 150 LA County Library

El Camino Real Library

The library, originally founded in 1929 as the Stephenson Library, moved into its present location in 1972 and was rededicated as El Camino Real Library in 1975. The library was rededicated again in November 2014 after a renovation and expansion that added a meeting room, teen area, and outdoor reading patio. The library is located…

read more
East Los Angeles Library 150 150 LA County Library

East Los Angeles Library

East Los Angeles Library was established on May 1, 1923, with a small collection of books in the corner of a local store. Three months later, a small building was constructed to house the collection. In 1924, another building was constructed at Kern Avenue near Whittier Boulevard to become the new site of the public…

read more
Diamond Bar Library 150 150 LA County Library

Diamond Bar Library

Originally opened in 1977, the Diamond Bar Library has long provided valuable services to both residents and visitors. The Diamond Bar Library at 1061 Grand Avenue was rededicated on August 15, 1998 after renovations made possible by the City of Diamond Bar Redevelopment Agency, the County of Los Angeles, and the Diamond Bar Friends of…

read more
City Terrace Library 150 150 LA County Library

City Terrace Library

City Terrace Library has been at its present location since 1979. In 2009, the library was refurbished with the support of Gloria Molina, Supervisor of the First District, Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors.

read more
Walnut Library 150 150 LA County Library

Walnut Library

Walnut Library was founded in March 1916 in the original Walnut Elementary School. It was maintained there until 1964 when bookmobile service was initiated to better serve the area. When the Walnut population increased, a 3,250 square foot rental storefront at 134 N. Pierre Street was opened in 1970. The library has been at the…

read more
Sunkist Library 150 150 LA County Library

Sunkist Library

The original Sunkist-La Puente Library was dedicated and opened on Monday, March 28, 1960 to become the second library in the City of La Puente. This storefront library was located at 13913 Elliot Avenue in the Sunkist Shopping Center. The library was dedicated by Supervisor Frank Bonelli. The library remained in that location for 18…

read more
South El Monte Library 150 150 LA County Library

South El Monte Library

The library, as part of the new South El Monte Civic Center complex, was built in 1966. Present at the dedication ceremony were County Supervisor Frank G. Bonelli and County Librarian William Geller. The facility, under a 20-year lease from the City of South El Monte, was purchased by the County of Los Angeles in…

read more
Skip to content