Select libraries will serve as Cooling Centers through July 13. Learn More.
  • CONTACT US |
    ×

Archives

Baldwin Park Library 150 150 LA County Library

Baldwin Park Library

Baldwin Park Library was founded on February 27, 1914. It has been at its present location since June 20, 1969. The Friends of the Library was formed in 1982. This group continues to be active and gives the library volunteers and monetary support.

read more
Charter Oak Library 150 150 LA County Library

Charter Oak Library

The first building was a private residence of the librarian, Mrs. W. A. Jones. In 1930, the library moved and changed its name to the Ben Lomond Library. In July 1962, the Charter Oak Library moved to 20562 Arrow Highway. After a tragic fire which destroyed much of the library and its collection, it was…

read more
Duarte Library 150 150 LA County Library

Duarte Library

Library service on an established basis began in 1950 in a small room of the estate of Mr. and Mrs. Wayland Morrison, with Mrs. Lisa Pederson as the librarian. The holdings were small, but the request system of the County Library gave the community access to the vast resources of the system. In 1954, a…

read more
West Covina Library 150 150 LA County Library

West Covina Library

Founded in 1915, West Covina Library has been located in the West Covina Civic Center since 1961. The first County library designed as a Regional Headquarters, it was remodeled in 1975. Today West Covina Library still serves as the East Regional County Library for the County of Los Angeles Public Library.

read more
Skip to content